CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Boys

While I am trying to figure out what to add to Grama Jo's profile, I thought I would just slip in a little picture of myDad and Uncle Bob. Cute, huh! This was taken in Kirkland, maybe by their house on the other side of Market (if you are from Kirkland, you know where that is). Dad is the cutie pie to the right. Notice the shoes. Bob's are shiny and dad's are scuffy. I don't know if that means Bob got the shoes first, or dad just never polished his. I especially like the coveralls. Also, notice Uncle Bob's ears. They looked like that until the day he died.

Bob was born Robert Renick Engelbrecht on June 10, 1923. I don't seem to have his death date. Have to work on that! Dad, Richard Bradford Engelbrecht, was born September 19, 1924. I know dad was born in Seattle, so I suppose Bob was too. They have a sister, Carolyn Grace Engelbrecht, who was born August 7, 1926. She also has passed on and I don't have that date either. Get with it girl! I was in the car with dad once and he announced that he was an orphan. We teased him (what are we, chopped liver?) but as I look back, I can see that it must have been hard for him.

0 comments: